Last Updated: December 1, 2013
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to enable you to enjoy and play our Games, as well as to provide related services, features and content and to administer your membership (together, the “Services”).
- If you decide to play a Game available on a Third Party Platform, you will just have to click on the Rumble application available on the applicable Third Party Platform (“Application”). Upon clicking on the Application, we will extract the information that you have provided to the Third Party Platform (for instance, your “real” name and your user name, such as your Facebook ID) from the account that you have with such Third Party Platform). If you are accessing a Game through the Rumble Site, you will be required to provide certain information to us, including Personal Information such as email address and password. Based on the foregoing information, we will create a new account for you (“Rumble Account”), and you will become a “User”.
- Once you become a User, you may be able to provide us with additional information as part of your User profile, such as your User name, country, gender and avatar. In addition, if you decide to engage in commercial transactions (e.g., to purchase virtual goods), you may be required to provide information such as your “real” name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, postal address and email address. We use such Personal Information to complete your transactions, administer your inquiries and provide the Services to you. In addition, if you decide to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes in the Game (any of these a “Promotion”), you may be required to provide us with Personal Information like your email address, physical address, or telephone number to administer your participation in the Promotion.
- We may also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your User profile (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) as well as certain information about your computer or device, such as operating system, software version and, for Games that we made decide to make available on mobile properties, device ID) (collectively, “Non-Identifying Information”).
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences).
- We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Games and the Services and to analyze and understand how our Games and the Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver ads or products to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, including without limitation Promotions, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unclick the marketing box at registration, or do that later via your profile page.
Log Data. When you access a Game or the Rumble Site, whether as a User or a non-registered user, we may collect anonymous information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Game or the Rumble Site, play data and session data (“Log Data”). A number of third parties may also collected Log Data via the Games or the Rumble Site. This information may be used to monitor and analyze use of the Games and the Services and for technical administration, as well as to increase our Game’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information may be used so that when you access the Game again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that Users meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our providing the Games and the Services, and to perform Game-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, administration of Promotions, web analytics and improvement of the Game’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Game and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information; Advertisers. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information. We may also decide to share Non-Identifying Information (including the device ID, if applicable) and Log Data and other aggregated information with advertisers. Such information may be used to send you advertisements for products and services that are relevant to your interests.
User Profile. Any information that you provide as part of your User profile will be viewable by other users. You can choose what Personal Information you provide as part of such profile. Providing such information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with other Users. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your “screen name,” since that would allow others to identify you.
User Interactions. If you engage in any interaction with other Users or post comments, you may be disclosing to other Users Personal Information or Non-Identifying Information about yourself. We encourage you to be very careful, particularly when doing so may reveal your identity or provide other Users with the ability to locate you or contact you in the “real world”.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Rumble cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Rumble or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Rumble may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Rumble Account by contacting us by using a form available in the Game. However, if you wish to make any changes to the information contained in your Third Party Platform account, you need to do that through the applicable Third Party Platform.
If you completely delete all information in your Rumble Account, then your Rumble Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
Rumble is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Game in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Game contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These third parties may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Game is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Safe Harbor Compliance
Rumble Entertainment complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Rumble Entertainment has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Rumble Entertainment’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
For questions or complaints/disuptes about Safe Harbor, please use the email addresses provided under the "Contacting Us" section.
In the event, that complaints and disputes that cannot be resolved between Rumble Entertainment and the complainant, Rumble Entertainment has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) to resolve disputes pursuant to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, as well as to cooperate and comply with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland. The panel may be contacted at email@example.com and individual EU DPAs may be contacted directly via the information provided at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/eu/index_en.htm.
The contact information for the Swiss FDPIC can be found at: http://www.edoeb.admin.ch/kontakt/index.html?lang=en.